Tuesday 31 January 2012

January Monthly Make!


I’ve signed up to take part in the monthly make being run on The Felt Fairy’s blog. 



Although I’m always knitting and making things, I rarely find time to actually do any making for me or my girls so I am hoping that this will give me a much needed kick up the backside!

I left it later than I had planned and can’t believe that tomorrow is February – where does the time go?  February is going to be a busy month because we’re going home to Cornwall to see family and I have my little girl’s 6th Birthday to plan for as well as my Dad’s! 

Getting back to the point though, my youngest, just turned 4, is quite a restless sleeper and due to various coughs and colds caught at pre-school, she’s been even worse lately.  I find lavender a relaxing scent and I’m hoping that it has the same effect on her, which is why my January monthly make is a lavender bag!

To match the cinder rose, a Farrow & Ball shade, coloured walls in her bedroom, I picked some pretty, soft corduroy for the backing with a darker pink felt for the front and then some other felt off cuts. 




Add some odd buttons, the flower templates that I use for my corsages and a heart template that I snipped out, I set to work!







I’m pretty happy with how it turned out.  Sure, I can see a few wobbly edges and uneven stitches, but I know a 4 year old who is very happy with it. 




So, that’s 1 down, 11 to go :o)

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, I love the step by step tute!

    If you open your dashboard, go tio design, You will se an add gadget in your side bars, choose this and then go down the list to add html, then just past in the html (gobbldygook)and save! = sidebar pic with link.

    love annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that heart is gorgeous and made so well! Lucky girl! XxxX http://thesecondhandrose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete